- an initiative by the Joint Action Group for Gender Equality (JAG)
- a regular event that happens once every 3-4 years
- a process of learning about and advocating for issues of feminism, human rights, and democracy in Malaysia
- a platform for people of all classes, ages, ethnicities, beliefs, gender identities and sexual orientations, locations, and abilities
- a safe space where thinking out loud is respected and where people can engage each other on fair, equal, and non-violent terms
Our mission is to provide a platform for all who wish to build a more just and democratic world to engage with and inspire each other and to better understand the role, contributions, and relevance of feminism towards this end.
The inaugural Fiesta Feminista took place in June 2007, with a two-and-a-half day event in Kuala Lumpur. Our second Fiesta was held over three days in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah in November 2011.
We are currently in the process of switching gears and focusing more on consistent engagement with local communities to complement our movement-building work through our regular Fiestas.